Delilah



Seductress, siren , temptress, enchantress
Those are the terms you ascribe to my name 
But I stand excessively misinterpreted
Grossly unfair has your history books been to me ...

Say no more  for 
I know your plights Delilah 
The books undermine your chivalry 
Perhaps, they are embarrassed to admit  
That it was you, whom without a single sword, 
Intermitted the terror that slaughtered scores of men 

I know you Delilah 
Your beauty, they say is your curse
But you didn’t create yourself now, did you?

I know you Delilah 
You gallantly saved your people 
From the lures of the concupiscent monster
Whose destiny was to wipe out your race

Delilah, I know your plight, I say
Couldn’t he have murdered you and fed your carcass to the vultures to devour 
But you endured 
His foul doting on you 
You knew you deserved better than a licentious lover 
But you condoned.

Tell me Delilah,
What depth of beauty did you possess?
That his mind became dull
What charm so great that made the man fall
Thrice you asked, twice he lied.
Until, Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth bitterness 

Delilah, 
You 
Are
an unsung hero 
A woman of mettle
A matyr 




Comments

Wow! I never thought of Delilah in this light

Popular posts from this blog

You Lied

18 Positive Quotes To Start The Year With

Hello Heaven