Ride Or Die Episode 3





“A gun! Ah! Please don’t kill me. I will refund your money please...” She begged while already dripping with sweats all over her body despite the air conditioned room.
“Ssssh. Keep quiet! “Sam said, evolving into a firmer character than the lost stranger she had met earlier in the day.
“So, I’m sure you know that your brother belongs to a cult ?”
“Yes,I do.”
“What Frat?”
“Alora”
“Alora?”
“Good. I was paid to drop him today.
“Please, don’t kill my only brother. I beg you. Kill me instead.” She pleaded amidst her tears.
“I won’t ... kill him . Anymore. Because of you.” 
"Because of me? How?"
“You helped me . But you have to call your brother and tell him to leave the school premises for at least a week.”
“Thank you. I’ll do that. God bless you.”
“You have to be on your way now. It’s getting dark.”
With that, Sam sprung to his feet, packed his bag, and was about to leave the room with his accomplice.
“Please can I have your number? Nancy asked.
Yes. Sure.


                   ************************************
  Sam sat on the couch in his magnificent room. The memories of the previous day had begun to hunt him. He was still dazed by his choice to abort a mission because of a girl. However, he knew it wasn’t just the the girl. It was something about her. It felt like he knew her since a long time. It was something about her spirit, her aura that just says for him to abort that mission. He reached out to pick his phone from the floor where he had flung it earlier after having a conversation with the client that had asked for the boy to be killed. “He’s an Alora. He belongs to a brotherly cult so dI can’t do it.” 
“Are you sure of what you are saying?”
“Absolutely. And I’m quite pissed that you do not do your research well before giving me the job. I could have just killed an innocent boy!”
“I’m sorry.It was probably a mix up.”
“You’re sorry...”
“I’ll make it up to you, please “
“Get off my line!” He said before flinging the phone to floor.
He was hoping Nancy would call. He could only hope. But she never did.

It’s been exactly a month since she met Sam, the stranger that was supposed to kill her brother but saved it instead. She had never called or reached out to him since then. Excluding the thank you message she had sent to him which he never acknowledged nor responded to. She had been so busy with trying to get herself an IT placement. Everywhere she wrote to either didn’t reply her or sent a mail to reject her. She was already fed up. Although, there was this hospital in Badagry that she had recently wrote to and was optimistic that they were going to get back to her.. She decided to check her mail as she does that everyday still hoping for the best. And indeed, just like a stroke of luck, the mail she had been waiting for was there right before her eyes. She dropped her food and quickly did a slight makeover , carried some cash in her hand bag and headed for the interview.

The hospital was bigger than she had envisaged. She hoped to get a chance to intern there and probably get a job there after school. The receptionist led her to an Office where she met a woman who was not so far away from her fifties waiting to interview her. 

The session had gone well and Nancy was a little optimistic that she would be given a chance to intern. The receptionist entered the room and informed the woman that she had a visitor. 
“Tell him to wait. I’ll soon be done with this young lady.”
“No ma. The receptionist replied. He says it is very urgent and he needs to see you now.”
“Alright. Tell him to come.”
With that, the woman rounded off with her and said she’ll get back to her. Nancy thanked her and made for the door. But Someone opened the door and came in. They bumped into each other at the door. It was Sam!



Have a wonderful week 
Xoxo, 

Dieko .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Lied

18 Positive Quotes To Start The Year With

Hello Heaven