My Father!

So, guys it's official. I'm back! Yippee!

 After the too long hiatus, I'm finally back. It wasn't an intentional break though but let's just thank God I'm back. I promise to keep you glued, educated and informed like I used to .

 So I'm starting a series called, My Father. It entails most of my childhood experiences centred around my father.
There's no better way to get over a memory than laughing over it.
So join me as I laugh over pain, laugh at the sorrows and make good comedy out of it.
                 ***************
Growing up has a way of bringing so many nostalgic thoughts to a person. You see, time actually does a lot in lightening up things.

Situations that seemed so gargantuan could easily be eased by the cooling balm of time. So, this is one of those thoughts.

My father and I used to live together. I had a step sibling who was a baby about this time. You know, I remember my dad taking me out on my birthday, buying me nice stuffs and all but I think that was about all the sweetness I got.

One thing I'll like you to know about my father was that in a way, he was, unintentionally wicked to me. There are a truck load of painful things my father did to me as a child.
Please note, I find all funny now but then, they weren't funny at all.

In fact, I went from loving to hating him . Okay . Enough of the talk. Let me share one of them with y'all.

It was in primary school. PTA meeting. Very important that all through that week, the teachers kept reminding us to remind our parents to attend. I played my part. Sang it into the ears of the old man through out the week. It was intentionally moved to a Saturday so all parents can attend. As a matter of truth, I relied the importance of the meeting to my dad. To the extent that I irked him for reminding him too much.

So the deal day came. Perfect sunny Saturday. "Daddy, today is the PTA meeting please don't forget to attend sir. " "Alright. No problem. I'll just stop by when I'm coming back from my shoot. " Shoot? Yes .my father is a photographer. That was the conversation that Ensued between my father and I that morning.


He came back and I was like, "Daddy did you go? " and he went, "Oh, yes. Of course I did."
I was too joyous because I knew the only cane I was going to receive on Monday was for those who are yet to pay their school fees.


So, Monday came hurriedly like a born again groom who could barely wait to consummate his marriage. I had breakfast and headed to my school on Bode Thomas road, Onipanu. I came early so I could join the assembly and watch the woe that befell those who were stupid enough to take Mr Gbenga's stinging lashes for a light thing thereby refusing to inform their parents of the pertinent meeting.

The assembly was over. Mr Gbenga, the primary three teacher who was as dark as night came forward. "if you know your parents or guardian did not come for the meeting, step out". Few students came out looking like they were about to face a firing squad. Some were already crying and pleading not to be flogged. By now, I was already laughing with my friends. The young man came forward and reiterated his command. This time it came with a 'This is the last time I'll say this', warning. Nobody moved.

The man suddenly plunged into the crowd and headed straight for my roll. Kelvin was in trouble again, I thought. He suddenly pulled me by my tie raining several lashes on my head . I kept shouting "My daddy came! My daddy came! The more I shouted the more the canes went pouring on me.
I was given a special punishment for trying to evade it initially. As I knelt down in the Vitamin D morning Sun, I kept thinking... But, my daddy came!

So, has your parents ever told you a lie, please share in the comment box. 

Have a wonderful day.
Xoxo
Dieko

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Lied

18 Positive Quotes To Start The Year With

Hello Heaven