Nigerian Soups :How to Make Ogbono



Hello Gourmets! 

So, Saturdays are for the foodies. I'm glad. I'm so excited. Oh my gosh. I love food. Good food. I love to cook and taste good food. In fact, I  think I should get a job as a food taster. Or...  What do you think? 

Anyways, I have always dreamt of being a chef. Chef Grace? Gracie the chef? Whatever. I'll figure it out later. 

So today, I'm going to be teaching us how to make Ogbono soup. I love the soup even though I'm not Igbo. We call it (Apon) in Yoruba parlance. My grandma thought me this method so be of good cheer, it's going to be delicious. Old women can cook for Africa. 
So, 
Recipe 
1 or 2 of Ogbono depending on how much you want it to be
palm oil
Crayfish, blended
Meat or fish or chicken whatever you like
Stock fish 
salt
Fresh pepper blended but not smooth 
onions  
Ugwu (pumpkin leaves) 
Pomo (Cow Hyde) 

Method 
Clean the stock fish well and boil with seasoning. 
Boil the meat in another pot
When both are ready, remove the meat from the stock and add the stock to the stock fish
Pour the blended pepper and onion into the stockfish
Add Maggi(seasoning cubes).  Add salt
Leave to boil well
Get another clean pot,  heat it on the fire to make sure it's dry
Pour the palm oil and heat for 5-8minutes
Put off the heat and pour the Ogbono into the oil

By now, the pepper would be boiling 
Pour the ogbono and stir
Add the boiled meat and blended crayfish and Pomo(Cow Hyde) 
The slimy goodness would have started to boil 
Add the chopped Ugwu and Leave to cook for 2-3 minutes before turning off the heat. 


Ogbono goes well on Yellow Eba, Fufu, Semi or Wheat.

This is the part where I leave you to go and try it. 
Share your experiences in the comment section. 
Have a wonderful day 
Xoxo
Dieko.

Images:Nigerian Food Tv
Eating Nigerian 

Comments

Adepoju Grace said…
Feel free to place comments. Ask questions.
Ada said…
Nice. love it

Popular posts from this blog

You Lied

18 Positive Quotes To Start The Year With

Hello Heaven