My Independence Day Vegetable soup Recipe

Happy Independence Day Nigeria! My bad. I know I should have  done this yesterday but I was way too sick to even get out of my bed.  As a patriotic Nigerian that I am,  I thought of what to do to celebrate my country on her Independence. I  wanted to sing the national anthem but somehow my muse told me to cook!

So, I'm like...  What in the world I'm I supposed to cook. Instagram is so full of makeup artists with the green and white artistry .So as a food freak, I decided to show my allegiance by cooking this vegetable soup since it's green and my country's Independence colours are green and white.
So here's how to prepare the soup!

Recipe

Sorry palm oil is part of the recipe but I couldn't get a perfect picture adding the palm oil so I cropped it out. 

METHOD

  • Boil the meat and fry. 
  • Boil water and soak the veggies in it. Then rinse severally and cut. I like this method of cleaning vegetable because it helps me retain some of the nutrients lost in cutting before boiling. So here's what I have. 
  • Turn on the heat on a fresh pot. Pour the palm oil and leave for a little while before adding the grated pepper and onion into the heated oil. 
  • Leave to fry. Then add the prawn, shreded fish, sliced Pomo into the stew
  • Add salt and seasoning with the locust beans and keep stir frying before adding the vegetables. After adding the vegetables, leave to cook for a short while and this is what you get. 
  • This soup is best eaten with Eba, semo or Fufu. I decided to have mine with Fufu since Fufu is white so it completes the independence colours. 

Long Live Nigeria ! Long Live Africa! 

Have a wonderful day 
Xoxo
Dieko. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice piece, happy independence day to you too. Wish I was there to celebrate with you, so I join in dissecting the delicious dish. At least I got you recipe for vegetable stew. Thanks. Its certainly going to be on my menu this week. Keep writing.
Unknown said…
looks delicious!
Unknown said…
This looks incredible! Have to make this!
Unknown said…
Nice post I really love it
Nawal aharrass said…
Looks deliciouuuus !!
Ooh looks super tasty 😋 😊
Angel said…
Definitely want to try this recipe for the weekend! Thank you!
Adepoju Grace said…
Thank you so much for your comments. I appreciate your time and opinion about my post.
Dee said…
This looks so dang wholesome and good. Really need to try it

Popular posts from this blog

You Lied

18 Positive Quotes To Start The Year With

Hello Heaven