My Father! Episode iv

Everything that has a beginning must surely come to an end. The holidays were finally over. Grandma's place was even more  fun than I had anticipated. The ambience, the people, who were too busy being real and had no luxury of being fake. I met a girl, a new friend I made during my visit. She said would be attending a near-by public school as her parents couldn't afford the private School's tuition fees. I felt sorry for her and told her I would attend my school's college or better still Queens college because as a matter of fact, my Father can afford. She wished me well and hoped to see me during the next holiday. 

I knew I would definitely miss my new friends and the rustic lifestyle of the place . I mean, we had a story club where we told both real and unreal stories to one another. I told of how my Father came home one day, unusually very happy that he even bought me stuffs while coming and how the happiness lasted till midnight. What really happened? My father had asked me to make sure I locked the door. Earlier that day, I had misplaced the key but was scared to tell anyone in the house. So, I lied that I had locked the door, exposing the whole house to danger. My father wanted to use the restroom during the midnight and discovered that I had left the door unlocked. He woke me from sleep and took me to the door I claimed to have locked. I couldn't beg because I knew I had been caught red handed. He asked me to serve the go 'up and down' punishment till the next morning . In fact, we didn't go to church the next day  because I was still serving my punishment. It was a very horrible experience. As I could barely walk to school the next morning. 

I got to my father's house and met his absence. I met my step-mum who was, well, glad to see me. She even sent me on errand because she was cooking and needed an ingredient that wasn't readily available. I collected the money and went eagerly. I was day dreaming, thinking of how I would show my father all the money that I had saved and how I would receive a pat on the head or sip a hot steamy tea for being so frugal with money . I quickly got the stuff and came back home. Fortunately, my Father had returned home. I was so happy to see him. He was happy to see me too or so I thought till he called me to the living room and started explaining certain things to me which I cannot recollect. However, the words meant, Go back to live with your grandma, you cannot stay here anymore. Meanwhile it wasn't afternoon, it was late evening around 7:30. I would have cried and begged but there was something in me called Ego that wouldn't let me do that. I picked my bags and started leaving with the thought that my Father would ask me to come back that he was pranking me or something. He didn't do so, he watched me go.

Just in case you are wondering what kind of father let's an 8year old travel in the night without flinching, my grandma 's place wasn't so far from my father's place. One could spend about 30-45mins on foot depending on the speed of one's legs. 

As I left the house, a lot of thoughts clouded my mind, like ,why would my Father throw me out of his house. I used to think he loved me that's why he came to pick me from my mum's place which he called a slum, an unhealthy place to raise a girl child. 

I stopped by the busy road with no intention of crossing the road. The road light illuminating the darkness gave the place a golden brown look as I waited to see whether anyone in those shinny cars would stop to say,  " Hey little girl, can I adopt you to be my child? ". The wind blew and the tiny pool of tears that had doused my top touched my body. It was then I realized I had been crying. After waiting for several minutes with no one coming to my aid,I proceeded to my grandma's place. 

Have a wonderful day 
Dieko
Xoxo. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Very interesting! You’re a good writer!

Popular posts from this blog

You Lied

18 Positive Quotes To Start The Year With

Hello Heaven