Crush 2 (A Short Story)


Ah, Love! Could Thou and I with Fate Conspire
To grasp this Sorry Scheme of Things entire,
Would we not shatter it to bits - and then
Re-mould it nearer to the Heart's Desire!

_ The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam




I'm Very well. Thank you.
OK. I called at your studio but the boys said you had gone home.
Yesss... I did. Mr Eyisi, I'm very glad you decided to choose us for your work.
No. You can call me Tim.
I smile before I text back and in my mind, I'm like, Excuse you, stop trying to patronize me.
Alright. Mr Tim.
No. Just Tim is fine.
OK. Tim.
So, what's your budget like?
Yea. Well, young lady, Tbh, I prefer face-to-face negotiations. Why don't we meet at La Zeroy tomorrow afternoon, say, 2pm?
That would be fine. Except I have several people coming for studio sessions tomorrow and it's me they will like to work with not the boys. How about the day after tomorrow, same time.
Okay then. See you .
I have to run now.
Alright. Ttyl.


I won't be busy tomorrow. The boys can handle whatever studio sessions I have. As, the CEO, I don't just compel people to work, I impact in them as well. So, it's him I don't want to see yet again tomorrow. Nobody should have the right to torture anybody else the way I was today. My mind is coming up with so many hashtags for him right now. Of all the millions of hashtags that are in my head, I finally boil down to three. #Menarescum, #Idon'tdoabouttogetmarriedfolks, #Timistrash. Haha!

It's the day after tomorrow and I am heading to LA Zeroy in my blue shift dress. I picked blue because it's my favourite colour and lucky colour as well. 2.5 inches heels because I do not want to be tripping more than I already am.(Pun intended). My car is faulty so, I pick a bike and order the bike man to stop some miles before the venue. (Winks).


I walk in and I'm ogling like a city newbie. This place is an irony. This is the kind of place people come to Pop out the ring, go on their knees and ask the ancient, will-you-marry-me? Nonsense. Mushy mushy. I ain't marrying nobody yet though.


My client is already seated. My legs are a little wobbly. You know the way you walk when you have to walk past a group of boys and they are trying to get your attention. That's how I'm walking or galloping right now.

Hello Serah, he says as he stands from his seat while I sit. Good afternoon, Tim.
The waitress comes to place our orders. Mine is plain alkaline Coffee. He says he's fine and she leaves. We start to talk about photography shenanigans. I'm listening and responding with joy. The stallions are back in my belly. I wish I could be trapped in this moment. Never leaving, never escaping. His bride must be so lucky. And you know the general notion that attractive people are dumb. Well, this one here is more cerebral than expectations.


Out of the blues, he says, I like your dress. I'm caught off guard. So, I just said a thank you that came with so much smile my mouth almost tore. Congratulations on your wedding, I say. As if to remind him that he will be getting married in a few month's time.
My wedding? He says laughing. Yes, your wedding. I sound really confused right now. No, I'm not getting married yet. Wait. The pictures are they not for... No, they are for Natty's Wedding. Who's Natty? My sister. The one you saw the other day. Oh okay, I say trying to sound as indifferent as possible. (Life is not so bad after all.)


Well, he begins to say.
I've been stalking you for a while now. I was first fascinated to your photography. Then I wanted to know more about the mind that captures such beautiful art works. And then I found you. I couldn't think of anybody else for Natty's wedding. I don't want to be too forward. Serah Adams, can we be friends?
I'm smiling so hard I'm beginning to have a migraine. The horses! The horses! They are galloping again.

Have a Wonderful week,

Dieko.
Xoxo.

Please share, comment and like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Lied

Hello Heaven

18 Positive Quotes To Start The Year With