Crush (Short Story)




Have you ever felt bored and lonely that you just feel like vanishing off the surface of the earth? However that feeling is, the opposite is what I feel right now. Because, I am slowly sipping a glass of champagne in a nice cozy restaurant, sitting opposite a guy, I have always had a huge crush on. I don't know how the universe does these things but, isn't it just amazing?

Plus, no there are no butterflies in my belly. Stallions! those are the things galloping in my belly. Happiness is therapeutic. Based on this premise, I think I should be able to lift a mountain now.

He's currently on a call. So, I have ample time to think of our wedding venue, dress, shoe, heavy makeup or go Meghan Markle. All these and the number of guests to expect for our wedding. I still have to drop from this cloud I'm on because, the Prince in front of me , I don't even think he remembers my name.

So, he's off the call and I have already prepared the baddest business pitch on earth. So, as I was saying, PX3 Concepts offers more than just photography, we offer happiness captured on paper, the lovely moments of your life captured in an album. Beautiful visuals and top notch editing. OK, that's fine. Eerm, I ask, What's your event again? "A wedding. " He said, grinning like a child that just got offered a cookie. I didn't even know how the words jumped from my mind to my mouth. I just said , "What!" Like a girlfriend that had just caught her lover in the act. He looked puzzled and asked, What? I quickly regained my sanity and said, what a beautiful thing to do... Yea, he replied looking confused.

As if that wasn't enough, as if the trumpet hadn't sounded already, as if the world hadn't ended already, I heard a feminine voice from my back. Hello Tim, I was at your office earlier, your secretary told me you were here to meet with the photographer. As if on cue, she stretched her hand to me. I stretched mine to meet hers accompanied with the fakest smile I could come up with. She's so relaxed around him so I assume she's the bride.

The rest of the meeting was a torture. In fact, I had to feign another client's call to escape from there because, I was almost bursting at the seams.

I didn't go back to the studio. I just called the boys that I won't be around for the day. I spent my day appealing to the god of the booless to pity me too. I just decided to read some amebo on instablog, when I saw a message pop up on my Telegram. Hi, this is Tim. How are you?

To be continued.


Have a Wonderful week,

Xoxo,
Dieko.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Lied

18 Positive Quotes To Start The Year With

Hello Heaven