The Facade Of The First Date




Have you ever been out with someone on a first date and it seems like they were dropped from heaven? I know one is not supposed to reply to a rhetorical question but,  I have been on such dates. Most people are usually in their best behaviour when they are seeing someone for the first time. They appear nice, gentle, tolerant, oh Lord! They are just a bunch of happiness. They say all you want to hear, proffer solutions to all your problems and you just wonder, Where has he been all my life?

The truth however is that most people come with masks and thick lenses to cover up their flaws on a first date. The mistake most people make is allowing people's attitude on a first date make lasting impressions on them. Since they say first impression matters most. Well,I don't think people should let first impression matter on them. Taking your time to know your partner well enough is keen on preventing a serious heartbreak.

That a guy buys you an expensive meal on a first date, may not mean that he's nice. He may be 'investing' like a friend once told me. Time has been the greatest anti pretense agent. People cannot pretend for long. With time the mask falls off and shows their real personalities.


Enjoy the poem below


When we first met, he said it was love at first sight
His love, affection, doting put my heart on a flight
I blessed the lord, oh! this is the one, I finally got it right
But, then he lets the cat of the bag
His affections appear on his lips
The party is finally over
I heave and sigh,
Alas! Happily ever after happens only in fairy tales.

                     Have a wonderfilled day

                       Love ya loads
                       Kizzes
                       Dieko.

Comments

Rachel said…
haha! Makes me grateful I've never actually been on a real "first date"...I think I'd be a very awkward candidate!
Theresa said…
That's a really good point! Everyone seems better on the first date.
Erica Valentin said…
hahahah this is very true! i havent been on a date in years since Im married now but I still remember feeling like....dang....he was too good to be true on a few occasions before meeting my hubby lol
Unknown said…
SO TRUE! I feel like the majority of the time I leave a first date and tell my friends "It was GREAT! I really want to see him again" and a week and a second date later, I am over it. I see him for his true self and am no longer interested. One day we will find the guy who is real on the first date and who we want to stick around for many, many more.
Adepoju Grace said…
Yea right. Thanks for stopping by.
Adepoju Grace said…
Like... They are always Yes men. I remember a guy who liked virtually everything I liked. I am happy you found your true and forever date partner.
Adepoju Grace said…
Amen. I hope so too.
Adepoju Grace said…
Yea right. Thanks for stopping by.
Unknown said…
Ahh this is so true! Thanks so much for sharing!
Deanna L said…
Love these! And the perfect thing to start my morning with :)
Me Squared said…
Very true! I think you should always go into a first date knowing that this is probably going to be one of the best sides to them that you're seeing. Weirdly enough, most of my serious relationships have started from good friendships, so I haven't had that many "first dates" in the usual sense of the word.

Popular posts from this blog

You Lied

18 Positive Quotes To Start The Year With

Hello Heaven