Crush 3 (A Short Story)


Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. Love doesn't strut, Love doesn't force itself on others, Isn't always "me first," Doesn't fly off the handle, Doesn't keep score of the sins of others. Doesn't revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies. 





Natty's wedding was a success. Grand style aristocratic setting. I even got to see Tim's parents. Not as anything though but as a photographer, covering their daughter's wedding. And , yea! I agreed to be Tim's friend. Like, what were you expecting though?


I'm on to another client's job. I'm editing the pictures that would make it to the album when I receive a text from Tim. "Hi babes."
"Hello dude."
"Stop!"
 "What?"
 "Calling me dude."
 "Haha"
"Be nice. Say dear."
"Lol. Dear have you eaten today?"
"No. That's why I'm calling you."
"Calling me to come and feed you abi?"
"I wouldn't mind o. But really, let's have lunch together."
"But I'm busy..."
"Please na. Why do you like to do shakara like this?"
"Ooooh. Oya na."
" Yass! I'm coming to get ya!"
"Smh."


I quickly peruse my bag to search for my makeup and I retouch  my face in no time. He arrives with the demeanor of a child who just got a new lunch box. He flashes his most elegant feature; white milk coloured teeth. I'm smiling too as he opens the door for me to enter his car. We talk about our day, work and the way living in Lagos can be so frustrating at times. He plays the gentleman again and opens the door for me to come out of the car.


I order Sushi and wine. He does the same. Most of the time we're eating, he's laid back starring at me while I eat. I feel imprisoned. We were talking and laughing when this little boy not more than five years old comes running towards our table, shouting daddy! Daddy! And for weeping out loud, this insanely beautiful young being looks like a replica of him especially with the signature teeth. I'm shocked, astonished, stunned,bewildered and surprised at the same time.

He stands up and goes to meet the boy. Lifting him high as he catches him halfway. The boy's mother or sister or I don't even know, is coming to the table as well. "Hello Ify." He says as he finally gets to the lady. "Hi Tim." She replies dryly."Who's she?" (She referring to me). He does not answer. I pick up my bag and leave. He can't see me because  his back is turned towards me. But she sees me and smiles.

So, now I'm on my bed. Feeling more stupid than ever. Is he married? Divorced? "Who is she, Tim?" The lady had asked and he gave no reply. But really, who am I? I'm just a friend. Why am I taking this so personal. Maybe I shouldn't have left the restaurant. Rude. And I start to cry. Why am I even crying over something that isn't even mine?

My phone bleeps .
Tim: Hi. I'm sorry. I was going to tell you. But I didn't want to scare you away.
Me: Scare me? Oh well, now I'm terrified.
Tim: I'm sorry.
Me: So you're married.
Tim: No. I and the lady you saw. We used to be involved. She got pregnant for me and we didn't work out.
Me: Baby mama?
Tim: That should be it.
Me: But you should have told me. I felt foolish today.
Tim: I'm sorry I made you feel that way.
Me:  Well, I used to be married too.
Tim: Jesus! Serah! Why didn't you say.
Me: I didn't want to scare you away.
Tim: Oh, well I'm terrified! What happened?
Me:  We didn't work out.
Tim: I'm sorry.
Me: It's not your fault. Why are you sorry?
Tim: I'm at your door open up.
Me: Dude, are you stalking me?
Tim: Something like that.
He's standing at the door. I let him in even though it's night already and my apartment is turned up side down . " Serah Adams,he begins to say, will you be my lady? That was sudden! Jesus! But I say "Yes. And he pulls me closer and whispers sweet nothingness into my ears and then plunges me in a pool of kisses that could have drowned the whole of Lagos.

The End.
Did you find this story interesting? Boring? Get into the comment box and let's discuss. Remember to Subscribe, Share and like.

Have a wonderful week,
XOXO,
Dieko.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Lied

18 Positive Quotes To Start The Year With

Hello Heaven